Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What Is a PLL?

Design Your Own Graphic Equalizer

Understanding Noise In Circuits




PLEASE follow the directions.
I am not responsible if you
screw this up and Baal or some other demon sucks you into the pits of Hell.

You First need to build the circuit below and connect it to Line-in of Sound Card:

Like this image

Then use this software to see the wave forms







Add to Technorati Favorites!

Atom Site Feed
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe
Subscribe with Bloglines

Open your own web store



Your Ad Here

Powered by Blogger

Top Technology blogs Blogarama - The Blog Directory Search4Blogs Blogs Directory

Should You Take Science Advice From This Woman?




I liked SEINFELD. I thought it was a funny show. And I guess I therefore like Larry David, even though he would annoy the bejeesus out of me in real life.

This does not mean, however, that just because some sub-literate harpy is sleeping with Larry David that her opinion should be foisted off on an unsuspecting public.

Now, I am not one of those elitist scientists who insist only people with degrees from schools I like ( not many ) should have an opinion. That sort of arrogance is for evolutionary biologists to use when you ask them how the elements evolved.

But this Laurie David person is something special. I stumbled across her on a blog called The Huffington Report and she had this bit of scientific sophistry:

Dear Mr. Blitzer, How is it possible, after a year of extensive media coverage, numerous scientific studies, and An Inconvenient Truth, you are still offering global warming reports that mislead and confuse the American public?

Most people only commit one logical fallacy in a sentence. It isn't easy to commit two, but I have never, ever, ever seen someone commit three. She wants to convince us by ad hominem attacks, convince us by appealing to authority and convince us by appealling to popularity - ALL IN ONE SENTENCE.

Anyone doing so much damage in so few letters deserves my respect so I thought I would share her credentials with you:

...

Yeah, that's it. Again, I am not saying the lack of a college degree invalidates her opinion. Nor does her experience as a mother and producer of shows her husband makes. But it doesn't give her any special qualifications either. So why is she on this Huffington Report thing? It apparently gets a great deal of traffic. Is she on there because she is so smart?

No, she is on there because they only hire people who can generate a great deal of traffic because they are famous - or at least know someone famous.

I did a little more digging and her primary contention seems to be that Republicans caused Hurricane Katrina. Or they caused global warming. I'm not sure. She's like Custer at Little Big Horn, attacking everywhere at once and thinking she will win. I read through her archives and among various posts she tells three of the foremost authorities on hurricanes in the world that they don't know what they're talking about because they disagree with Al Gore's movie.

I don't agree with Al Gore's movie. Maybe she can write me up too? Those guys are pretty smart and I bet all that new traffic would bump my AdSense traffic up to $8 a day.

Comments on "Should You Take Science Advice From This Woman?"

 

post a comment
Web Blog Pinging Service